November 21, 2010

Confirmation Retreat

To piggy-back off of my most recent post, I'm going to continue on with more church related things. Growing up Catholic was never that big of a deal to me until I got into the last two years of high school. I was blessed with the most amazing Youth Minister (hi, Eileen!) known to mankind. Absolutely amazing. If I could adopt her as my older sister, I would in a heartbeat. She opened my heart and my eyes to the Lord more than I could even imagine and for that, I owe her everything.

Anyway, in the last twelve months, I have also been truly blessed to have been able to lead four church retreats under Eileen's leadership--one being a couple weekends ago. Since living in San Diego, I wasn't sure if I would able to make it "home" to lead the retreat, but by pulling some strings, I was there! And boy oh boy, am I so very glad I went. I say this about every retreat I go on or lead, but that was one of the best weekends of my life. Leading high schoolers to know and love Jesus is just incredible. There is nothing more that I would want to do with my weekends than lead Eileen's retreats. They are just...marvelous. I am speechless, which isn't a common occurrence! Below are a few pictures from the most recent retreat, the Confirmation I retreat.

My small group

The entire group :)

A labyrinth perfect for self-reflection

The beautiful Eileen and me :)

"No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

1 comment:

  1. Somehow, I missed this post until tonight... but, not by accident! God knew I needed to read this now. You are amazing. Thank you so much, Alex for all of the light, love and pure joy of Jesus that you radiate, not just in my life, but in the lives of ALL. Seriously, the retreats are only as awesome because you are there. If I had it my way, I would NEVER lead a retreat without you. Thank you for always being an incredible support in ministry, and in my life. I know you always say you have learned so much from me, but I promise you that I have learned SO much more from you my dear.

    Jesus is so totally present in you and I cannot help but smile every time I think about the marvelous deeds He has done, is doing and will do through you! Never take back your YES to the Lord. He will bless you in ABUNDANCE just because He loves and adores you, just like this very humbled youth minister.

    Love you gal!

    Blessings always and LOTS of prayers...

    Joyously in Jesus and forever in His grip,

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's try keeping it positive if possible. :)

denture cream lawsuits