August 18, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye sucks. The last time I had to say goodbye to someone was when I was about five years of age or so and my best friend in the whole entire world was moving to Nebraska. Lame! I, of course, had no idea what was going on except that my home away from home was completely empty and I was saying "bye bye" to my friend for what could very well be the last time. Luckily we still keep in touch but it's not the same from states away, rather than houses away.

Well, this week has been the week of goodbyes. Let's see, in the last week, I have been to four going away parties. FOUR! And at those parties were all the people (okay, not all) that I went to high school with and could possibly rarely see again. It was pretty sad but in all honesty, it was more of an exciting time than an emotional one.

(me and A)

This is my gorgeous, amazing, brilliant, stunning friend A. A is the best thing that ever happened to me in high school. I am so incredibly blessed to have met her and become so close to her. It is absolutely amazing how close her and I have gotten over the last four years. Anyway, A, being the Mormon she is, left for Utah on Tuesday morning to attend a University out there. I will miss her boat-loads but I know that she is going to do so well out there and that this has to happen at one point or another. Plus, while I'm sun-basking in San Diego this coming winter, she will be shoveling snow. Ha!

Here are a few pictures from the last couple months. Trust me, we have taken thousands together, so thank me for so few pictures! ;)

me and A at a water polo game

A and me camping

A and me at graduation

With her gone now for almost two full days, I may feel a little empty inside but deep inside I am still honored to call her my best friend and cannot wait until Christmas break when I get to see her again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's try keeping it positive if possible. :)

denture cream lawsuits